Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Diandra-Holiday Book Pick: Stick Man


Taking her cue from the tale of the Gingerbread Man, Julia Donaldson creates a story all her own with Stick Man. When Stick Man goes out for a jog one morning he begins a journey that seems to have no end in sight. While enduring treatment that no good stick should, he is determined to make it back home to his family and the family tree in time for Christmas. Will a Christmas miracle occur? Or will Stick Man continue to have to deal with rough breaks?

This book was an instant hit in our house. It's quirky enough to entertain me and still grab and hold my three year old's attention. He ran around for days after the initial reading spouting, "I"m Stick Man! I'm Stick Man, I'm STICK MAN, that's me!" The illustrations are a treat as well. They're fun, friendly and detailed enough to have you taking a good look before you turn the page. Highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment