Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Diandra-Holiday Book Pick 2-The Grinch

 
"You're a mean one, Mister Grinch..." My children are very young, and so this is the first year we've really swung gung-ho into all things holiday. Needless to say, our library of holiday books is very thin.  I am slowly building it, seeing which books fit us and which don't.  One book I consider a must-have is the classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I still hear Boris Karloff's voice whenever I read it, and I never ever get tired of reading it aloud. My son is of an age now where he can gasp in horror at the Grinch's actions and worry about the lack of a Christmas, and all of that interaction makes reading the book that much more enjoyable. I hope he learns to love it as much as I do, because I see the reading of The Grinch becoming one of our holiday traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment