Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Diandra-Conjunction Junction




"Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

Hooking up two boxcars and making 'em run right.

Milk and honey, bread and butter, peas and rice.

Hey that's nice!"

This song has been a favorite of mine for a long time.  I used it when I was teaching grammar units. I even taught my seventh grades students to diagram conjunctions by boxing them in.  Of course, several of them would go the extra step and add wheels. ;)


Perhaps my favorite part of sharing these songs with my students was seeing 12 year old's forget that they were trying so hard to impress each other and sing these songs.



2 comments:

  1. It is the most famous of all Schoolhouse Rock! shorts. I dare say, most kids know what a conjunction is ONLY from this.. sorry english teachers, go commiserate with the Social Studies teachers about the Constitution... Cause we all can sing it better than we can say it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And PS- I luv it- the colors are reminiscent of the cartoon but your own- the fox is cute and the font is cool!

    ReplyDelete