Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Diandra-James and the Giant Peach

We're kicking off Book Month here on The Sketchables by going all out-a full color post for each of us!  Be sure to check back each day this week to see our book-inspired pieces!

My piece is inspired by one of my favorite Dahl books, James and the Giant Peach.  (Sorry for the poor image quality, it won't fit on my scanner) It was actually a toss-up between this and The Witches, but there's no way I could interpret The Witches without being influence by Quentin Blake's fabulous illustrations.
It's been some time since I've read JGP, and since I couldn't find my copy anywhere to reference a scene, I decided to show James and the insects enjoying another classic book: Charlotte's Web as their peach glides through the sky.

*update: Here's a closer look. I scanned it even though it was chopped up.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of them reading another book as they glide along. - and you succeeded in making a cute earthworm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea, Diandra! That's such a great book, too. I agree it adds another creative element having them reading Charlotte's Web. The character's expressions are so engaging as well.

    ReplyDelete