Friday, October 8, 2010

Joy- "in and out of weeks..."

One of my favorite books is "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE" and Maurice Sendak is one of my favorite illustrators. I actually had an idea and made the time to execute it this week. I wanted to created a sort of  "in-between" of the scene where Max is traveling "in and out of weeks..." when he meets up with a sea monster and before he lands on the monsters' shore. I also wanted to play more with depth than Sendak does. You never see this much of a foreground, middle ground or background in the book. I love that element of his story telling and charm in his illustrations. It's very much presented to you in a straight forward manor.

Anywhoo, I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed illustrating it! Thanks for stopping by and for any comments!

-Joy

5 comments:

  1. I love this! One of my favorite stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. I love that the perspective is so different from the book but, the characters remain so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Joy! I love all of the textures you use and the color palette is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv luv luv the colors you've used - it's Wild Things a la Joy.

    ReplyDelete