Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Diandra-The Apple(s) of Her Eye

Or alternately titled "While the Cat's Away." haha! A mother just can't leave her kitchen in the middle of baking (even if the phone is ringing) because look who decides they need a sample of goodies! 

Fall is on its way, and it can't get here soon enough. I'm already planning all of the goodies to be baked: cobblers, muffins, pot-pies...all kinds of yummy goodness! My three year old really loves helping in the kitchen, and will even mimic my actions in his play kitchen as well. We bake together quite a bit and he knows that he always gets to lick the beater or spatula. The baby is too little to do much besides smile at us, but I have a feeling that this scene will be playing itself out in my own kitchen soon enough!

3 comments:

  1. So funny and sweet - I love their expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene Diandra! I agree, wonderful expressions on their faces and great characters. Ooo, I wish you lived closer so you could share your fall goodies with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Luv the mixing cat! When I bake with my daughter I have to step back 3 feet and let go of all control and let it be. I am a baking perfectionist.. and a slight mess-a-phobe in the kitchen ... our kids teach us so much!!-Like how to chill out

    ReplyDelete