Friday, August 19, 2016

Before & After

Hello! I totally forgot to post when it was my last turn, so I thought I'd post two sketches this time to make up for it. I was commissioned by a friend to make paintings for her daughters. Each daughter has a different favorite animal, so I'm going to do a little series that will feature the three creatures. The first one I started sketching is an alligator who loves flowers. At first I thought it would be cute to have the owl and cat peeking over a hedge, but then the more I thought about it, I realized I needed to make a change otherwise the green alligator would potentially get lost against the green hedge (not to mention not being able to see much of the owl and the cat). So...
I removed the hedge and made a little rock wall instead. I am pretty happy with how it looks so far, I look forward to showing the sketches to my friend to see what she thinks before I move ahead to making the final art. Thank goodness for erasers!

No comments:

Post a Comment