Friday, November 11, 2011

Cozy- Joy

I've been drawing a lot of kids for a while now and felt like mixing it up a bit. It's funny because I used to always draw animals. This is my second sketch. The first one was another drawing of my son and dog, and let's face it, I need get back to some variety :o). I do admit though, I thought of a mother and son and what could be cozier than a snuggle and nap? The image is drawn with pencil, then scanned into Photoshop and painted digitally.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by.
-Joy

3 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh! It reminds me of my favorite moment in Disney film history: when Dumbo's momma is cradling him in her trunk. I adore it Joy, and not just because elephants are my favorite animals. There's such tenderness here.
    Also love the fact that there is a canvas texture and pencil lines showing. I need to teach myself to do more digitally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet image - I love the line work too. Beautiful job Joy!

    ReplyDelete