Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Diandra-Flying High in 2011

A new year and a fresh start.  With so much going on in my day to day life, I know there needs to be a plan of attack if I want to accomplish any of my career-oriented goals this year. (I go into much more detail on my blog.) My intentions for 2011:

*Portfolio-adding new work through personal art projects
*Promotion- a new website design, creating and sending mailers regularly, and establishing my brand.
*Progress- really push myself to experiment and try things I've been too afraid to try before. This means taking steps to take writing much more seriously, as well as exploring mediums I've shied away from.
*Community- taking part in the PB dummy challenge as well as participation here at The Sketchables, the #kidlitart chats and in SCBWI as an Illustrator Coordinator. I think it's just as important to give back as it is to get inspiration from your community.


What are you hoping to accomplish this year?

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing the PB dummy challenge too. I also need to freshen up the portfolio (I trust the dummy challenge will help with that) and set up a professional website. And, perhaps most importantly, I need to get into the habit of sketching regularly. I just participated in the Sketchbook Project for the first time. I love what being forced to draw every day did for my creative flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for a makeover! Extreme portfolio makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diandra ~ great intentions and goals!
    pushing yourself to try new things is SUCH a fun idea!
    share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your little owl, by the way. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so organized, it's fabulous! I know you'll accomplish these goals, too! I can't wait to see what you do this year :o)

    ReplyDelete