Friday, May 2, 2014

The earliest sketches...

All the heat we're feeling in CA has me thinking of ice cream! Well, I'm often thinking of ice cream (sigh...). Anywhoo, I'm also thinking about the love of very first sketches. The simple, pencil-to-paper, scribbling down that initial pose. That first inkling of an idea. The process that brings you from rough beginnings where anything goes, sky's the limit to nailing down that final polished piece. Often times you are the only one who knows what's going on in these first drawings. And isn't that fun?! I'm working on a book idea and this image above is one of those sketches. I already know how I'm going to adjust and change things, but here it is. From my brain down my arm and hand and out through my pencil.

Yeah, gotta love the process :o)

Have a great weekend!
-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment