Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wild card!

We get to pick any subject sketch to share this week, and I pick this:

It's black ballpoint pen in my Moleskine sketchbook, from my trip to NYC a few days ago, for the SCBWI Winter Conference. On Monday I had about an hour free between seeing my editor and heading to the airport for home, so I soaked up the ABC of It: Why Children's Books Matter exhibit at the New York Public Library and took visual notes while there. This is my tribute to the greats in children's literature.
(Go see the show!! Exhibit details here: http://www.nypl.org/events/exhibitions/abc-it)
I ran into Priscilla Burris at the exhibit.
(Fellow Sketchables illustrators: Were your ears burning while we discussed how cool you are?)
-- Ruth McNally Barshaw

2 comments:

  1. Ruth ~ What a kick and a joy to run into you at this incredible exhibit ~ thanks for sharing your Moleskin sketchbook sketches with us! the best souvenirs, right? =D

    ReplyDelete