Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ice Cream, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... Kelly




Inspired by D's Mom. The Super Sized Soft Serve. I must admit- was never a fan of soft serve growing up. My husband converted me with  Mr. Softee. Down the shore in NJ- no Mr. Softee. I had NO IDEA! It is the best vanilla (also not a vanilla girl... like chocolate with chocolate and more chocolate on top)  If you are in the NY area- and have not spied a Mr. Softee truck on a street corner or heard the jingle wafting thru the summer air.... Have no fear!! My husband and I are hot of the truck's trail!- We have been known to stalk our local Mr. Softee.

Mr. Softee:
http://youtu.be/bDXL90KXPHQ


Favorite Ice Cream Flavors:

1. Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup
2. Herrell's - local scoop shop in NOHO, MA - chocolate peanut butter (best home made hot fudge in the world)
3. Mr. Softee vanilla with chocolate dip - that gets crunchy and the ice cream melts out all over the place

3 comments:

  1. AUGH! I LOVE IT! That is about the size of the cone she had-hand to God! heehee.
    I was never a vanilla kid growing up. The more junk you could put in there the better, but now I know, sometimes a little soft-serve vanilla is all you need to hit the spot.
    His expression is the perfect balance between awe and fear, and your shading on the ice cream is perfection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom-nom! I've never met this Mr. Softee you speak of, but he sounds dreamy. Love the challenge your little guy faces. Show us the "after" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, let me at THAT!! I could take it, hehehe... So fun and your characters are always perfect with great expression.

    ReplyDelete