Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Diandra-Ice Cream: Frozen Delight

My top ice cream flavors are:
*Mint (not the disgusting kind that's colored green) with a fudge swirl
*Strawberries & Cream
*Butter Pecan (oh, mama! This is my go-to flavor)
*Cookies & Cream
*Dulce de Leche

On a road trip home this Spring, my mom and I stopped at a DQ for a dipped-cone. You know, a little treat to hit the spot? Well, mom's sweet tooth was hollering something fierce so she said, "I think I'll have a large!" When the drive-thru window opened up, my jaw just about hit the steering wheel. That sucker was ENORMOUS. Mom yelped, "Oh my God, take it back!" I just about died laughing handing the girl our money. We pulled away and every time I looked at that monster cone I lost it. My small looked positively petite! Mom eventually ate the entire cone, and when she was done she declared she couldn't eat any ice cream for the rest of the year. Moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for!

3 comments:

  1. I love the sketch. And your cautionary tale. I need to order the BABY, not even the kids size at our local ice cream stand. I can only imagine what a large looked like, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this elephant!- And I'll have the large

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story and such a cute sketch! That elephant is loaded with personality (not just ice cream, hehe)!

    ReplyDelete