Friday, August 20, 2010

Joy- Flea Circus- Take 2

So, I don't know if you remember my original sketch for the post Sketch Dummy Beginnings: Breaking up the text but this is my second pass at the first page layout of a side project I'm working on. I wanted to make it a bit more dynamic and I definitely think this is an improvement at least. I don't know if it's the final composition yet, and unfortunately it's been pushed farther down on my priority list due to my busy schedule. It's a really fun story and I can't wait to get to work more on it. Thanks for stopping by!

-Joy

5 comments:

  1. Oh Joy, this looks so adorable! The rhythm reminds me of Seuss' Circus McGurkus. ;) I think the composition is great, my eye flows from left to right and catches all the details in between.

    And personal projects...jeesh. My projects have been pushed so far down the list, they're hanging on for dear life at the edge of the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second pass is always the toughest step for me- and one I have to do more and more- than the 3rd- 4th and 5th are easier. The pay off shows! I loved the fist sketch- (I always love the first sketch)- but this one is so much more dynamic and begs for a page turn. So awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I too think it's an improvement on the first pass, and that's saying something because the first is also super cute. This one has some fun dimension too it, and is very playful, very appealing to kids, AND adults! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The playful curves are so excellent, Joy! Really draws you eye from left to right, and the feeling of depth is outstanding! Cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAJOR improvement! I think it looks great, but maybe if you do 98 more sketches, you'll get one you like :)

    ReplyDelete