Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling a Little Sketchy?

If you spend any time at all on Twitter, Facebook or blogs you may have heard about a little something called The Sketchbook Project.  Lots of artists are doing it.

Well, I got my book in the mail the other day, and have been spending quite a bit of time planning it out.  It's a tiny book really.  Soft cover, super thin pages.  I may end up resheeting the book, or gluing in pages though. There's no way the paper in there now will take paint or ink without bleed-through. 
I'm tempted to just go nuts and scribble in whatever I feel that day. But I know that without a little planning, my inspiration is likely to dry up due to a lack of focus, and those blank sheets will become more daunting as the days go on. (I'm also hoping that this project will help to springboard some of the ideas I've had percolating for some time into dummy books or finished pieces.)

My theme is "A Day in the Life" and I hope to share with you some of the sketches I create for it here on the blog.  I'm going to go with an ongoing narrative, as I already have the beginnings of a story forming in my head. Ooh, maybe I'll get to do some of that fantastic hand-lettering like Priscilla showed us yesterday as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Diandra!! I can't wait to see what you do for the sketchbook project. I know I should do it too, but just haven't pulled the trigger. I've been so busy lately, but I know you are too, so I can't use that as an excuse. Have fun and go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my sketchbook in my bag, my theme is Storybook - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete