Thursday, July 8, 2010
Sketch to Finish: Note to self: Don't say it-Show it
I had gotten tons of art direction. (16 tons). Some of which I did not agree with. Like putting in an upholstered chair with a print of baseball fabric on it. My thinking was- How was Goldilocks gonna sit on that and break it?? Is she gonna go all rock star in a hotel room on the Three Bears' house? Plus- Mama bear would never allow such an eye sore in her well decorated living room. The coffee table with newspaper was also a request. I thought the scene was already too chock full of stuff- some breathing room was needed and the triangle of the wood floor was supposed to draw the eye back to the table and chairs w/ the bowls.
So I started doing these sketches with notes on top to fight the power. 80% of the time they worked. The other 20% I have to chalk up to experience. You truly do live and learn in illustration. -Kelly