Friday, July 30, 2010

Joy- Sugar plums, in July?

This is a Christmas card design I did a couple of years ago. I've changed my digital painting style quite a bit since then and am glad I have. I like the drawing well enough but it could definitely be more dynamic instead of so straight on. The color application seems too digital looking to me, too "fuzzy". I've always loved this part of the Night Before Christmas story and just think it reads for such a great visual. I also wanted for some reason to do hand lettering. Successful? Ya, not so much. I need to practice. I might redo this at some point because I picture it so much differently in my mind now. I guess that's part of practicing, learning and working on your craft!

Thanks for stopping by and for any comments!
-Joy

1 comment:

  1. I am curious on how you would change the card. I enjoy it the way it is now. Sometimes we critique our own work too hard. Nice job!!!!

    ReplyDelete